Sunday, December 26, 2010

Our Christmas tree


So I know everyone is proud of their Christmas tree creations and our family is no different.  This year we tried something different going for a all red and white decorated tree. We also tried using fake snow on the branches. This is the final result. 

photo from PotteryBarn.com
We got this ambitious drive for a new tree design from a picture in Pottery Barns Winter catalog. This is the picture up above. As you can see they went with an all white color scheme that was just too plain for me. But we stayed true to the overall idea. The overall design is tied together with three things; 
  •  the snow on the branches,
  •  the icicles at every tip, 
  • and the color pallet.  
The icicles were surprisingly hard to find. I thought that they were made in abundance at all dollar stores, boy was I wrong. The only place I found them was at Bronners, the Christmas Super Store. Here is a link to the icicles. The fake snow was much easier to get, I got mine at JoAnn Fabrics. Its made of polyester fiberfill, it's flame retardant and comes in a natural tight woven blanket so you can cut it up into pieces. 



The angel we use on top is a family tradition. My brother won it  in a raffle at a craft show about a decade ago.  And ever since its been on the top of our tree.









1 comment:

  1. Hi Craig, your tree is gorgeous! I love the faux snow. I'm thinking about flocking our tree next year.
    Thanks for stopping by and for the sweet comment!

    Londen

    ReplyDelete